We have been travelling to Jeffery’s Bay since we were teenagers in search of waves, lifestyle and adventure. We find Jeffery’s Bay offers the perfect mix for a great family holiday including excellent and consistent waves, beautiful beaches, bargain shopping, the best restaurants and diverse running routes. After every visit to J-Bay we feel revived and restored with a sense of ‘wow’.
Over the last eight years we have been keeping our eye open along the coast for our perfect holiday home, but we had to be patient, as we had a lot of boxes to tick:
- The waves had to be excellent & consistent
- We wanted beautiful and clean beaches to hang out on
- The place had to be chilled, safe, friendly, but not boring
- We needed a really close walking distance to the surf spot
- The town had to offer entertainment to suit the whole family
After seven trips to J-Bay in 2017, luck struck when we saw a ‘For Sale’ board outside of a wooden home 100 meters from Lower Point Beach in Jeffery’s Bay, where we spend a lot of time surfing. After viewing the home, we knew without a doubt it would be our happy place. In no time at all, the house was bought, alterations completed, furnished, and our dream was fulfilled.
Our goal is to continue to nurture this dream and allow other ocean loving people to enjoy it.
A place to chill, surf and be happy!
Mark & Bonnie
Our favourite things to do in J-Bay
- Hanging out at the beautiful and clean lower point beach, surfing,playing in rock pools and tanning to the sound of seagulls
- Surfing Super Tubes, which is rated as one of the top ten surfing spots in the world is always a highlight
- Driving 30 minutes to Cape St Francis and setting up at Seals Point with a picnic, umbrella, boards & towels for the day. Seal Point is a consistent, exposed point break. Also on offer is a surf at Huletts and Bruces if the conditions allow
- Every Saturday morning, we try to coax the family to participate in the 5km parkrun, and meander through the flea market after
- Jeffery’s Bay is of well-known for all its surf brand factory shops, so a holiday must include a shopping spree
- On the onshore and small surf days we take the kids to the skate park at the bottom of DaGama Street in the J-Bay Surf Village and to the water park at Dolphin Beach
- Over the festive season an impressive fun fare is set up for the kids